Please find below the Berwick Tennis Club Code of Conduct.
The main objective of this Code is to maintain responsible behaviour and the making of informed decisions by members and other participants in our Club.
It outlines our commitment to:
- welcome individuals of all abilities and backgrounds, allowing access to all persons within the community including juniors, individuals with a disability and socially isolated groups and individuals;
- respect the rights, dignity and worth of every member and other participant and treat all members and participants equally whilst valuing their diversity; and
- provide a safe and quality sporting/volunteer/spectator experience for our members and other participants endeavouring to ensure our members and other participants have the right to enjoy their tennis experience in a friendly and positive environment, free of harassment and intimidation and abuse.
This Code informs everyone involved in our Club of his or her legal and ethical rights and responsibilities and the standards of behaviour that are expected of them. It also covers the care and protection of children participating in our Club’s activities.
This Code applies to all participants involved in the activities of our Club whether they are in a paid or unpaid/voluntary capacity including:
- Club Committee and subcommittee members and other Club officials;
- coaches and other personnel participating in training events and activities;
- support personnel including team managers;
- umpires and other officials;
- members including associate members and life members;
- parents/guardians; and
- spectators, guests and visitors.